Emotional intelligence skills include:
- Identifying how you are feeling and recognizing how you are perceived by others
- Managing your own emotions
- Recognizing emotions in others
- Interacting successfully and building healthy relationships
- Building resilience
All of these skills are crucial to the success of leaders, and the same skills are also necessary for the success and well-being of any employee working in any field or industry—education, sales, government, customer service, health care, law enforcement and emergency response, law, hospitality, construction, real estate, software development, and just about any workplace you can name.
Educating both leaders and employees in Emotional Intelligence skills is critical to an organization’s success. Taking the time to build EI skills can help you transform your organization so that it is not only successful in reaching strategic objectives and goals but that it is a place of well-being, creativity, and satisfaction for every employee.
Although some people just seem to have been born with strong Emotional Intelligence skills, the good news is that Emotional Intelligence can be reliably measured, and more importantly, enhanced for greater satisfaction and success—in your personal life, your workplace, and in your wider community as well. You can enhance these skills in a number of ways—attending a workshop, hiring a knowledgeable coach, reading books and articles. Another way, one that allows you to learn at your own pace and in your own environment, is the online, open access course developed here at Emotional Intelligence Insights—Emotional Intelligence for a Compassionate World.
Read more about Emotional Intelligence for a Compassionate World. . . Click Here
Emotional Intelligence for a Compassionate World is an engaging, online, on-demand course that can be taken by individuals, teams, groups, or entire organizations for greater understanding of Emotional Intelligence. It includes more than 50 specific suggestions for enhancing Emotional Intelligence skills as well as a self-assessment of EI skills in the workplace.
You can improve your skills toward becoming:
- More self aware
- Better able to manage your emotions
- Better able to read others’ emotions
- More successful in interpersonal relationships
- More resilient in coping with the inevitable stresses and changes
- More empathetic and compassionate
Emotional Intelligence for a Compassionate World is an online, open-access learning journey to greater well-being. Get started today!
Read more about the course, “Emotional Intelligence for a Compassionate World”. . . Click Here
In addition, you can purchase a self-paced workbook containing the same information, Emotional Intelligence for a Compassionate World: Workbook for Enhancing Emotional Intelligence Skills.
Emotional Intelligence skills and competencies are the fertile ground for creating a more compassionate world. Emotional Intelligence for a Compassionate World is an engaging, self-paced workbook for individuals and teams who want to increase their Emotional Intelligence. By enhancing these skills, individuals will enhance their ability to empathize with others and to act with compassion—and to be the change they wish to see in the world.
The workbook includes:
- An overview of Emotional Intelligence
- A 30-item assessment of Emotional Intelligence skills
- Scenarios to illustrate each of five dimensions of Emotional Intelligence
- Exercises and activities for experiential learning
- More than 50 practical, easy-to-implement techniques to enhance Emotional Intelligence skills
- Action Plan guide to chart a path toward greater well-being and connection with others
- Plan for Compassionate Action guide to help individuals apply Emotional Intelligence skills and bring more compassion to their lives and to the world
Emotional Intelligence for a Compassionate World is a step-by-step guide for enhancing and applying Emotional Intelligence skills—in individuals, in families, in the workplace, in communities, and in the interconnected societies of people throughout the world.
Click here to purchase Emotional Intelligence for a Compassionate World: Workbook to Enhance Emotional Intelligence Skills