Three major trends have been identified in terms of driving organizational change in recent years:
- Globalization – changing markets and environment and the way they function
- Information Technology – has changed the traditional ways of doing business, how work is performed, and how knowledge is used.
- Managerial Innovation – new organizational forms, such as networks, strategic alliances, and online training are leading to new methods of manufacturing goods and providing services.
What good Organizational Development can do is help organizations to assess themselves and build strategies, structures, and processes that will help in the transitioning process. It can also help change assumptions and values within an organization in terms of behavior to both staff and customers, and make organizations more responsive to the needs of operating in a highly complex and changing world.
Where emotional intelligence really comes into its own in an Organizational Development context is in helping managers and staff to perform their tasks more effectively by providing the skills and knowledge necessary for honest self-assessment, managing emotions, building resilience, and establishing effective relationships.
How can you provide such skills and knowledge to your leaders, managers, and employees?
The good news is that you don’t have to send them all to an expensive, three-day offsite workshop. Instead, you can purchase a self-paced workbook Emotional Intelligence for a Compassionate World: Workbook for Enhancing Emotional Intelligence Skills.
Emotional Intelligence for a Compassionate World: Workbook for Enhancing Emotional Intelligence Skills
Emotional Intelligence skills and competencies are the fertile ground for creating a more compassionate world. This engaging, self-paced workbook is for individuals and teams who want to increase their Emotional Intelligence.
The workbook includes:
• An overview of Emotional Intelligence
• A 30-item assessment of Emotional Intelligence skills
• Scenarios to illustrate each of five dimensions of Emotional Intelligence
• Exercises and activities for experiential learning
• More than 50 practical, easy-to-implement techniques to enhance Emotional Intelligence skills
• Action Plan guide to chart a path toward greater well-being and connection with others
• Plan for Compassionate Action guide to help individuals apply Emotional Intelligence skills and bring more compassion to their lives and to the world