The lack of effective team building within an organization can lead to a variety of problems that affect efficiency and productivity of staff and managers, undermine relationships between staff members, and create an atmosphere based on lack of trust and ineffective communication that makes for an unhappy work experience for everyone involved.
By employing the techniques of emotional intelligence training within a team building process you can improve on your staff’s:
- Awareness of the Self: the ability to tune into one’s own emotions and recognize their impact; to use “gut sense” to guide decisions; to perceive correctly how you are viewed by others.
- Actions of the Self: the ability to keep disruptive emotions and impulses managed and to positively channel one’s feelings; the ability to anticipate difficult encounters in order to manage emotions successfully and achieve a positive outcome.
- Awareness of Others: the ability to be empathetic and to sense another’s emotions; the ability to understand his or her perspective and to take an active interest in their concerns.
- Interaction with Others: involves skills that inspire, influence, and motivate others; the ability to develop others through feedback and guidance; the skill to resolve disagreements; and the ability to build bonds and create an environment of teamwork and cooperation.
- Resilience: the ability to bounce back, to be flexible, to risk the creative and innovative, to be realistically optimistic, and to adapt to the inevitable changes that are part of life.
Benefits to Participants and Organizations
Creating an emotionally intelligent and resonant workplace has a number of benefits for individuals, teams, and entire organizations:
- More satisfying and productive interpersonal relationships among employees
- Increase in outstanding customer service skills
- Self-motivated employees
- Increase in sound decision making
- More effective teamwork
- Healthy conflict resolution
- Decreased absenteeism
- Decreased employee turnover
- Increase in employee well-being
- Increase in self-motivation, creativity, and innovation
- Enhanced resilience for individuals and the entire organization
How can you provide such skills and knowledge to your team?
The good news is that you don’t have to send them all to an expensive, three-day offsite workshop. Instead, you can purchase a self-paced workbook containing the same information, Emotional Intelligence for a Compassionate World: Workbook for Enhancing Emotional Intelligence Skills.
Emotional Intelligence for a Compassionate World: Workbook for Enhancing Emotional Intelligence Skills